Magical nature lessons – all planned for you.
Let me be your nature study fairy godmother!
This complete year nature curriculum saves you so much time, so you can spend your days enjoying the sunshine with your children.
The Seasons School programme is such a valuable resource.
:: You’ll get a complete program of spring, summer, autumn and winter learning, combining nature study, math, science, literacy, arts and crafts, sensory and play, recipes and more.
:: It’s such good value with 16 seasonal units, over 200 lessons and activities, and over 130 pages of fun, educational printables.
:: The resources are easy to use as they are split into seasons and all set out in fully-indexed, relevant units with supporting printables.
:: You can use the full program or make a selection of your favourites, to suit your needs.
:: Created with children aged 4 to 12 in mind.
:: Full-colour photographs, material lists, and bonus printables make it so easy for you to teach a nature-based program to your children.
:: All the lessons are educational, hands-on, fun, creative, and engaging = children LOVE Seasons School!
This is what you’ll get in your Seasons School Complete Programme
Seasons School :: Spring
The Seasons School Spring Core Unit – value $9.99
- How to make a nature table
- How to make a year-round nature journal
- Nature journaling ideas and tips – with printables
- Nature walk ideas
- Nature walk kit tips
- Themed nature walks and activities
- How to make a spring number line
- Carrot number and arithmetic activities – with printable
- Spring math invitations
- Egg alphabet and spelling activities – with printable
- Spring sensory writing
- Spring literacy invitations
- Spring writing prompts – with printable
- Hand-drawn spring colouring pages – with printable
- Spring book list
Welcome Spring Unit – value $7.99
- Opening the Season activities
- I wonder why we have seasons? lesson
- My Book of Spring activity – with printable
- Eating the Season lesson – with printable
- Rhubarb muffin recipe – with printable
- Spring yoga routine – with printable
- Spring bunting craft
- Spring flower wreath craft
- Spring play dough sensory play
- How to make a fairy garden
Daffodils Unit – value $4.99
- Daffodil dissection and parts of a plant science lesson
- Still life daffodil art project
- Contact paper daffodil craft
- Daffodil spinner craft
- Daffodil bunting craft
- Daffodil poetry writing lesson – with printable
Eggs and Birds Unit – value $12.99
- Egg lessons: What is an egg? What is an egg made of? What happens inside an egg? Which animals hatch from eggs? Fun egg facts. Why are eggs so special to us?
- My Book of Eggs activity – with printable
- Frittata recipe – with printable
- Naked bouncing egg science experiment
- Bird watching and identification lesson
- Bird investigation table activity
- Play dough nests activity – with printable
- Bird storytelling tin activity
- Nest cakes recipe
- Egg heads garden project
- Dyeing and decorating eggs: Pysanky eggs; dyeing with: shaving foam, oil, wax crayons, flower and leaf prints, natural dyes
- How to make a paper plate egg basket craft
- Paper plate birds craft
- Collage chicks art project
- Loose parts egg decorating fine motor skills station
- Egg-themed sensory play
Seeds and Shoots Unit – value $8.99
- How to plan your garden
- How to grow a snipping garden
- Investigating Seeds science lesson
- Growing Seeds science experiment
- My Sunflower Mini Book activity
- Spring wild foods: foraging for garlic
- Wild garlic pesto recipe – with printable
- Circle watercolour flowers art project
- Spring blossom printing project
- Finger painting flowers craft
- Carrot sensory tub
The Spring Printables Pack – value $9.99
- Journal Page: for notes
- Journal Page: for drawing
- Journal Page: half and half
- Writing Prompts printable
- Poetry Prompt printable
- Spring Bunting printable
- Mini Book: The Seasons
- Mini Book :: Eggs
- Colouring Pages: hello spring :: Easter tree :: mother hen :: bunny rabbit
- Bird Puppets for play and storytelling
- Foods in Season in Spring poster
- Rhubarb Muffin Recipe Card
- Frittata Recipe Card
- Wild Garlic Pesto Recipe Card
- Carrot Numbers math printable
- Egg Alphabet: lower case and upper case literacy printable
- Spring Yoga sequence poster
Seasons School :: Summer
Six complete units of lessons and printables running from April to August
- April :: Planting and measuring
- How to grow sunflowers with children, Graphing your results, The parts of a sunflower plant
- How to make a sunflower height chart
- My Sunflower Journal
- Sunflower number mats
- Seed labels and sunflower stickers
- May Part One :: Bees and Pollination
- Learning about bees lesson
- What is pollination?
- Bumble bee craft
- Who lives in our garden? investigation
- Bee letter and number activities, handwriting and scissor-skills
- May Part Two :: Words, Books, and Poems
- Sunflower poems, books and word mats
- June :: Sunflower Art
- Handprint sunflower craft
- Watercolour sunflowers
- Scratch art sunflowers
- Sand sunflowers
- Sunflower art inspired by Van Gogh and O’Keeffe
- July :: Shape, Size and Symmetry
- Sunflower circles: diameter and circumference
- Measuring with standard and non-standard units
- Exploring symmetry in plants including lateral and radial symmetry
- August :: Seeds and Sustainability
- Harvesting sunflower seeds, investigation, and sensory play
- Seed envelopes and school fundraising
- How to make a mason bee house
- Sunflower seed oatmeal cookies, and seed crackers
Seasons School :: Autumn
The Seasons School: Autumn Core Unit – value $9.99
- Why Do We Have Seasons? lesson: a seasonal story of a celestial dance
- What’s Special About Autumn? lesson: including ‘My Book of Autumn’ printable
- Nature Walks Guide: how to adopt a local landscape; your nature walk kit; how to establish a programme of themed nature walks.
- Nature Journals Guide: how to make a Seasons School circular nature journal; how to use your nature journal, indoors and outdoors; journalling like a scientist.
- Nature Table Guide: why, where, and what to include.
- Eating the Season: an autumn food guide and printable poster.
- Opening the Autumn Season
- Autumn Book List
The Apples and Pumpkins Unit – value $19.99
- Apple and Pumpkin Investigation lessons: What are apples and pumpkins? How do apples and pumpkins grow? How do we use apples and pumpkins? What’s inside an apple and a pumpkin?
- Apple Taste Testing: includes printable record sheet
- Apple Number Line
- Pumpkin Numbers and Math Games: with printable
- Apple and Pumpkin Venn Diagrams comparison
- Apple Alphabet and Writing Tray: with printable
- Apple Poems: with printable
- Pumpkin House Storytelling
- Pumpkin Art Decorating
- Autumn Marbling Art
- Pumpkin Spice Paints
- Pumpkin Zentangle Designs
- Apple Print Prayer Flags/ Bunting
- Paper Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Spice Cloud Dough
- Pumpkin Spice Play Dough
- Apple Crumble Recipe
- Apple Cookies Recipe
The Leaves and Twigs Unit – value $19.99
- Learning About Trees lesson: What do you know about trees? Deciduous or evergreen? Why some trees loose their leaves in autumn. Includes ‘My Book of Trees’ printable.
- Leaf Number Line
- Play Dough Math Trees: including arithmetic, number bonds to ten, number sentences
- Leaf Symmetry lesson: reflection and radial symmetry
- Twig Writing Tray
- Leaf Books and Autumn Writing Station
- Watercolour Leaf Alphabet
- Word Trees
- Leaf Bookmarks
- Leaf Printing Process Art
- Leaf Wreath Craft
- Leaf Crowns
- Autumn Tree Collage Art
- Leaf Colouring Printable
- Twig Weaving
- Stick and Leaf Puppets
- Leaf Print Play Dough
- Autumn Sensory Tub
- Leaf Cookies Recipe
The Autumn Activity Cards – value $5.99
30 Print and Play activity cards that invite children to engage with natural materials and explore math, literacy, science, art, and play ideas. Perfect for ‘invitations to play’ and as adaptable lessons, indoors or outside. Use daily or combine to make a multi-activity adventure trail or forest school-style centers.
The Printable Pack – value $5.99
50 pages of printables to accompany the autumn lesson plans and to use again and again. Including:
- ‘My Book of Autumn’ mini book
- ‘My Book of Trees’ mini book
- Three styles of journal pages for writing and drawing
- Eat the Seasons autumn poster
- Hand-drawn leaf colouring pages
- Autumn Word Wall cards
- Apple Poems guides
- Apple Taste Test record
- Pumpkin Number Cards
- Apple Alphabet Cards
Seasons School :: Winter
Seasons School Winter Retreat – value $19.99
- 21 individual winter-themed day plans in a connected program, sequenced around themed seasonal words. Day one is prepare, day two is welcome, day three is light, day four is cookies… Including:
- welcoming the new season and setting intentions for the coming year
- learning about the earth, the moon, the sun, and the seasons
- reading and writing both poetry and stories
- learning which foods are in season, cooking a winter feast, finding out where cocoa comes from, and building kitchen skills with cookies
- creating artworks inspired by the season, plus hand-drawn colouring pages and math lessons disguised as art
- winter crafts including lanterns, wreaths, and calendars
- stretching imaginations with playful, sensory ice and snow, and homemade winter wonderlands
- and learning how nice it is to pass the winter with ritual and rhythm, cosiness and connection
- Bonus printables include: countdown calendar posters, hand-drawn colouring pages, poetry guide, journal writing prompt cards
Ice and Snow Unit – value $19.99
- Lessons to learn about snow, the Arctic, the Antarctic, penguins, and polar bears
- Sensory play including frozen sensory tub, play dough, puffy paint, and ice explorations
- Frozen math games, snowmen counting cards, ‘magic’ snowflake numbers
- Snowmen letter games, penguin alphabet activities, snowy writing tray
- Art explorations including painting on snow and ice, frozen ice paints, ice sculptures, salt and glue snowflakes, snow puffy paint, and frosty winter crayon art
- Winter sky and paper house lanterns
- Snowflake mobile with homemade clay recipe
- Snow play dough recipe and snowy play dough mats
- Winter wonderland play mat and snowy play town make-and-play projects
- Penguin family craft
- Penguin small world make-and-play projects
- Snow cloud dough recipe
- Snowflake tortilla recipe
- Winter-themed nature walks
- Supporting book resources
Bonus printables include:
- Arctic and Antarctic sorting cards
- polar mini book
- templates to make your lessons easy and effective
- snowmen counting cards
- snowmen letter cards
- snowflake number cards
- snow-themed play dough mats
- snow-themed coloring pages
- penguin alphabet set
About Cathy James
Think of me as your nature study fairy godmother! I’ll give you a magical program of nature-based learning – all planned and prepped for you. I’ll save you so much time, which you can spend out in the sunshine with your children.
I’m passionate about keeping children connected to nature and a creative childhood of hands-on learning. My own children have grown up in the garden, at the beach, and in the forest. We use nature as a vital part of our home education curriculum and it makes our learning joyful and deeply connected to the rhythmic cycle of the year.
I’m the author The Garden Classroom (published by Roost Books) and used to work in school running the Year Four Gardening Club. I’ve also worked in preschool, high school, and as a childminder, where my provision was rated as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
With over twenty years experience in education I want to share what I’ve learned with you, so you can feel inspired, confident, and supported to give your children the best start in life. Let’s work together to deliver lessons that are engaging, impactful, and fun!
The Best Value Progam
The total value of the Seasons School resources you receive is $182.86
plus the value of all the time you’ll save, with all the planning and prep done for you.
The Biggest Saving
You save over $90 when you buy the complete program for only
Click here to buy your complete program now.
Available for instant download
This product is an ebook (electronic book), which means you will be sent a link by email which allows you to download the ebook and all the resources. You should save it to your computer or iPad and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
If you have any questions, then please refer to our FAQ.
All ebooks and other digital products listed on this page protected under copyright ©. All rights reserved. They may not be shared or distributed in any way or form.
All products listed on this page are priced in US dollars unless stated otherwise.