Save time and teach better this winter.
This kit gives you everything you need for an educational and engaging snow and ice-themed curriculum.
With fun activities, lesson plans, and super useful printables you can teach about ice and snow, the Arctic and Antarctic, penguins and polar bears through science, math, literacy, art, craft, sensory, play and food.
I’ve created this Ice and Snow Unit to make it easy for you to teach your children an exciting and engaging winter curriculum. You’ll save time, and your teaching will be all the better for it.
Your children will be amazed by what they learn about snow, the poles, polar bears, and penguins. They’ll learn new facts about our wonderful world, and get to experience and embed their learning through hands-on activities, art, and play.
Everything is organised for you, with (simple) materials lists and supporting printables. It’s a no-prep solution that will give you a winter curriculum that you’ll love to teach and your children will love to learn.
Everything you need for a winter unit, all in one place.
:: over 80 pages of lessons, activities, and printables
:: a complete unit of Ice, Snow, Arctic, Antarctic, Polar Bear and Penguin-themed science, math, literacy, arts and crafts, sensory, food and play
:: materials lists and bonus printables make it so easy!
:: everything planned for you, so you can enjoy it as much as your children do
:: created with children aged 4 to 8 in mind
Save time and teach better with NurtureStore’s resources!
The Ice and Snow Unit is perfect for you if:
:: You want to save time and teach better. I’ve got all the planning and prep done for you, so you can concentrate your time and experience where it really matters: connecting with your children.
:: You want to teach the classic units with fun, new ideas. Enthusiasm can dull if we’re doing the same old, same old, year after year. Bring in some new ideas to keep things fresh and engaging – for your children, and for you.
:: You want your children to really connect with what they’re learning. I’ll show you how to combine hands-on activities, sensory explorations, art, and play with science, math, and literacy, so children really embed their new knowledge about snow, the poles, polar bears, and penguins.
:: You want your children to love their lessons. I’ve got such fun ideas for your kids! Frozen art, edible snowflakes, ‘magic’ painting, playful penguins. Your children will want to come and learn every day because it will feel like play.
:: You want to enjoy the winter. Let’s celebrate our amazing planet and this super sensory season with teaching that is memorable and delightful.
Here’s exactly what you’ll get in the Ice and Snow Unit:
- 80+ pages of lessons, activities, and printables
- 30 individual lessons / activity plans
- 20 pages of bonus printables
- full colour photographs, material lists, and instructions for each activity
Ice and Snow themed lessons and activities include:
- Lessons to learn about snow, the Arctic, the Antarctic, penguins, and polar bears
- Sensory play including frozen sensory tub, play dough, puffy paint, and ice explorations
- Frozen math games, snowmen counting cards, ‘magic’ snowflake numbers
- Snowmen letter games, penguin alphabet activities, snowy writing tray
- Art explorations including painting on snow and ice, frozen ice paints, ice sculptures, salt and glue snowflakes, snow puffy paint, and frosty winter crayon art
- Winter sky and paper house lanterns
- Snowflake mobile with homemade clay recipe
- Snow play dough recipe and snowy play dough mats
- Winter wonderland play mat and snowy play town make-and-play projects
- Penguin family craft
- Penguin small world make-and-play projects
- Snow cloud dough recipe
- Snowflake tortilla recipe
- Winter-themed nature walks
- Supporting book resources
Bonus printables include:
- Arctic and Antarctic sorting cards
- polar mini book
- templates to make your lessons easy and effective
- snowmen counting cards
- snowmen letter cards
- snowflake number cards
- snow-themed play dough mats
- snow-themed coloring pages
- penguin alphabet set
About Cathy James
I’m passionate about children having the opportunity to learn through hands-on, creative activities. I want kids to delight in what they’re learning and enjoy their childhood.
I’m the author of The Garden Classroom (published by Roost Books), Super Sensory Invitations to Play, and Art Spark. I’ve also worked in preschool, middle/high school, homeschool, and as a childminder, where my provision was rated as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
With over twenty years experience in education I want to share what I’ve learned with you, so you can feel inspired, confident, and supported to give your children the best start in life. Let’s work together to deliver lessons that are engaging, impactful, and fun!
The Snow and Ice Unit
80+ pages of lesson plans, activities, and printables
Everything you need to learn about ice, snow, the poles, penguins, and polar bears
Available for instant download
This product is an ebook (electronic book), which means you will be sent a link by email which allows you to download the ebook and all the resources. You should save it to your computer or iPad and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
If you have any questions, then please refer to our FAQ.
All ebooks and other digital products listed on this page protected under copyright ©. All rights reserved. They may not be shared or distributed in any way or form.
All products listed on this page are priced in US dollars unless stated otherwise.