This month the Kids Art Explorers have been enjoying a No Paint Brushes Allowed project. Creativity is encouraged when you set aside your everyday materials and try something different.
The Kids Art Explorers celebrate the process of art: trying new things, having a go, being daring, making mistakes. We’re interested in how things turn out but much more focused on the fun we have along the way. Here’s a whole year’s worth of ideas for the fun you could have if you tried painting with something other than a paint brush.
Click each word to discover a fabulous kids painting idea. Pin this page so you can come back and get another idea when you need it. Print this checklist for kids painting ideas. Then go try one of the ideas with your kids!
Why paint with a paint brush when you could paint with a…?
1. Potato masher 2. drinking straw 3. finger 4. stacking cup
5. sponge 6. spaghetti 7. popcorn 8. cookie cutter
9. hand 10. pine cone 11. bubble wrap 12. celery 13. bubble wand
14. fishing rod 15. water bead 16. syringe 17. Easter egg
18. body 19. ketchup bottle 20. tooth brush 21. paint popsicle
22. Acorn 23. pipe cleaner 24. thumb 25. leaf 26. spatula
27. foot 28. nail brush 29. feather 30. slide 31. okra
32. rubber band 33. magnet 34. Q-tip 35. flower 36. party blower
37. tennis ball 38. elastic 39. potato 40. pan 41. packing peanut
42. scrubbing brush 43. carrot 44. marble 45. corn cob
46. bubble 47. styrofoam 48. egg carton 49. apple