Did you catch #theheartproject Twitter Party on Tuesday? Jamie from hands on as we grow and I hosted a tweet-up to swap fun and creative ideas for celebrating love and friendship with our families. The party was in support of The Heart Project which sees over 70 bloggers come together to produce a beautiful book full of heart projects and raising funds for the American Heart Association. You can find out how to get your copy of the book here.
The party was fast and fun with over 120 people joining in. If you missed it – or those tweets whizzed past too quickly – fear not! Here are some of the fabulous ideas shared for kids crafts and recipes.
We asked: got a kids Valentine art or craft project to share?
1. We’ve made a heart chandelier – Henry loved cutting and threading! :: Hands On As We Grow
2. We have made some heart flowers :: Putti Prapancha
3. Printing cork hearts :: Domestic Goddesque
4. Symmetry art hearts :: NurtureStore
6. Made a heart mobile :: Rainy Day Mum
7. See our CUPIDO airplane made with old makeup! :: Angelique Felix
8. We just made V-day cards that are color in the dots. My kiddos loved them :: Quirky Momma
9. I made this (wreath) for v-day :: @janejoeyxo
1. Get creative with Valentines Day breakfast treat ideas :: Home Baked Online
2. We are making homemade granola and forming it into a heart for a Valentine’s Day yogurt sundae! :: JDaniel’s Mom
3. These stained glass cookies look fantastic as love hearts :: NurtureStore
4. Last year we made simple crackers/frosting with candy hearts. Fun for the kids to make and yummy! :: hands on as we grow
5. Special love dish: #Tomatosoup! Onions, Garlic, Basel, Tomatoes & a heart of mozzarella di Bufala. Soft, red and sweet. :: Angelique Felix
6. Valentine pizza! Get the kids to make a heart shaped dough base :: Climbing Rainbows
7. Or use a heart cookie cutter to cut out pizza toppings :: Make Do and Friend
8. Polenta makes a good heart shaped base for lots of yummies too :: Raising Rainbows
9. Made these heart shaped roast potatoes for tea – they were fun! :: Home Baked Online
10. We love heart-shaped pancakes and heart-shaped fruit salads :: Mama Smiles
11. We’re making chocolate truffles :: Make Do and Friend
12. I love making pink heart-shaped pancakes and sometimes sugar cookies :: ObSEUSSed
13. For shaped pancakes I pour the batter from a ketchup bottle :: Putti Prapancha
14. My husband & kids are making me heart-shaped sugar cookies for VDay 🙂 That’s my kind of gift! :: My Creative Family
16. You know, dark chocolate is #hearthealthy. :: American Heart Association (My favourite tweet of the night!)
The beautiful images you see here are all taken from The Heart Project book, which is packed with ideas for creative arts, crafts, play and recipes. You’d like your own copy, right?
Click this link, make a donation and get your own copy now.