Welcome to our complete resources for learning about eggs. Here you will find egg theme lesson plans for spring including egg math activities, egg-themed sensory play ideas, egg science experiments and free egg themed printables. You can follow the full programme over the course of a week, or dip in and out, to suit your needs.
Learning about eggs unit :: egg theme lesson plans for spring
Eggs and birds lesson plans
In the third unit of my Seasons School Spring Curriculum our focus topic is eggs, and the birds that are laying them.
We’re going to be decorating eggs, and using them in a recipe.
We have a fun science experiment to make a bouncy egg, and we’ll be observing the birds around us to see what they are up to this week.
We’ll also be using eggs in our play, and learning about them with a mini egg book printable.
Your Eggs and Birds lesson plans
- Egg lessons: What is an egg? What is an egg made of? What happens inside an egg? Which animals hatch from eggs? Fun egg facts. Why are eggs so special to us?
- My Book of Eggs activity – with printable
- Frittata recipe – with printable
- Naked bouncing egg science experiment
- Bird watching and identification lesson
- Bird investigation table activity
- Play dough nests activity – with printable
- Bird storytelling tin activity
- Nest cakes recipe
- Egg heads garden project
- Dyeing and decorating eggs: Pysanky eggs; dyeing with: shaving foam, oil, wax crayons, flower and leaf prints, natural dyes
- How to make a paper plate egg basket craft
- Paper plate birds craft
- Collage chicks art project
- Loose parts egg decorating fine motor skills station
- Egg-themed sensory play
Download your Spring learning resources
:: over 50 engaging activities and lesson plans that your children will love
:: over 30 pages of printables that make teaching so easy
:: a balanced programme of math, science, literacy, arts and crafts, nature study, sensory and imaginative play
:: a practical resource that you can start using today, in class or at home
:: weeks worth of learning all planned for you, to take you right through the season
:: created with children aged 4 to 8 in mind
You’re going to love this super useful resource!