Oh boy, is Pinterest popular right now. I can’t quite believe how many of you came to check out my Top Ten Pinterest Boards for Parents. I’ve had lots of feedback saying you found the list really helpful to get to some of the best kids’ resources around, without being overwhelmed by the huge volume of information out there.
I’ve also been asked to collate some more user-friendly guides, so here’s my next round of suggestions: my Top 10 Pinterest boards for kids art and crafts. Follow these boards and you’ll get an amazing source of inspriation for beautiful, fun and easy to do arts and crafts, plus ideas for new materials to try, and tips on how to display all that art you’re going to be making.
Top ten Pinterest boards for kids’ art and craft
1. My first recommendation is NurtureStore‘s own Kids Art board. It has a great selection of ideas from around the web with a focus on projects that encourage children to really explore their creativity and to enjoy the process of art.
2. Families don’t need to spend lots of money on expensive art materials – just follow the Glorious Junk! board for all sorts of ideas for wonderful things you can make from your own recycled household waste.
3. The Kids Art Explorers is a new board that’s using Pinterest in a different way. It’s an online art gallery showcasing the work children are producing as part of the Kids Art Explorers project. This project give kids an idea for a new art material or technique to use each month, inviting them to try something different and see how they can use it. Follow the board and why not join in with the Kids Art Explorers project too?
4. The Inspired by Nature board founded by Rashmie from Mommy Labs is a collaborative board which brings together ideas for art using natural materials. It’s the perfect place to get ideas for taking your art outside.
5. Debbie from Rainbows Within Reach runs the collaborative Children’s Art board. I mentioned this on in my top ten pinterest boards for parents but it is such a great board I had to include it in this list too. Go take a look and you’ll see why I love it.
7. The Kid Blogger Network Activities and Crafts board is especially good for finding seasonal art and craft projects. Founded by Laura from Play Dr Mom it brings together ideas from over 80 blogs in the network.
9. And what are you going to do with all this wonderful art your kids are going to be making with all this inspiration? The Kids Art Displays board has all sorts of ideas for using and displaying your kids creations.
10. Your turn now. What’s your favourite Pinterest board for Kids Art and Craft? I know lots of people were reading all the suggestions you shared on the best parenting boards and people saw a huge boost in their followers, so if you know a great board please leave a link to it in the comments so we can check it out.
And don’t forget: these are the top ten boards for kids art and craft – so when you’ve finished pinning, log-off and go create something fun with your kids !