Kids don’t need monsters and vampires and zombies.
This kit gives you everything you need for a super fun, not scary Halloween.
With activities, lessons, and printables for Halloween math, science, literacy, arts and crafts, sensory, and play you’ll be all set for a super fun Halloween theme with no nightmares!
I’ve created the Super Fun, Not Scary Halloween Unit to make it so easy for you to give your lessons and play a Halloween makeover, without any worry.
Everything is organised for you, with (simple) materials lists and supporting printables. It’s a no-prep solution that will make Halloween fun, for you and your children.
All the activities have been carefully chosen to give children the joy of the festival, not frights.
Smiles not scares!
Everything you need for Halloween, all in one place.
:: over 50 pages of lessons, activities, and printables
:: a complete unit of Halloween-themed math, science, literacy, arts and crafts, sensory, and play
:: materials lists and bonus printables make it so easy!
:: everything planned for you, so you can enjoy it as much as your children do
:: fun not scary, with no monsters, vampires, zombies, ghosts or mummies
:: created with children aged 4 to 8 in mind
You’re going to love this unit!
The Super Fun, Not Scary Halloween Unit is perfect for you if:
:: You’re a teacher who needs a great set of Halloween-themed lessons and activities that fit right into your classroom planning. Math, science, literacy, arts and crafts – I’ve got you covered for the whole Halloween week, with lots of printables so it’s super easy to give your kids a fun, educational Halloween celebration.
:: You’re a parent of a sensitive child, who doesn’t need ideas of zombies and monsters filling their imagination. The activities in this unit are fun and friendly.
:: You’re hosting a party, at home, in class, or in a community centre. You’ll find fun, engaging activities for all your kids, lots of arts and crafts and play ideas. Everything is simple to set up and not scary – for you or the kids!
:: You’re a home educator, who loves to mix in fun learning through the year. This unit will give you a boost of fun as we head through autumn, with lots of hands-on learning packed into all the play.
:: You’re a childminder, nanny or educator who loves to give your children the fun of a themed week. With super ideas for Halloween themed play and learning you can give your children a delightful Halloween that they remember for the smiles, not the scares.
Here’s exactly what you’ll get in the Super Fun, not Scary Halloween Unit
- 50+ pages of lessons, activities and printables
- 20 individual lessons / activity plans
- 18 pages of bonus printables
- full colour photographs, material lists, and instructions for each activity
- no monsters, vampires, zombies, mummies or ghosts
Halloween-themed lessons and activities include:
- Science experiments with bases and acids to create fizzy pumpkins, and Halloween goop to explore solids and liquids
- Design your own smoothie potions activity
- Creative writing prompt cards, with ideas for Halloween-themed stories, lists, and journal entries
- Printable lined journal pages decorated with cute pumpkins
- Printable writing activity that invites children to dream up their perfect Halloween costume and design it with words and illustration
- Set of pumpkin alphabet cards to print and use for play, reading, and spelling activities
- Spider word activity, pumpkin rolling games, and sensory writing trays for Halloween-themed literacy practice
- Printable pumpkin number cards with ideas for Halloween math games
- Spider cutting cards and pencil skill printables for fine motor skill centers
- Scissor skill pumpkin craft
- Yarn pumpkins
- Paper lanters
- Pumpkin suncatchers
- Pipette painted pumpkins
- Splatter bats art project
- Marbling pumpkins
- Halloween paper houses for art, play and social stories
Bonus printables include:
- templates and lesson guides to make your lessons easy and effective
- journal pages
- creative writing prompts
- pumpkin alphabet set
- pumpkin number set
- materials to create writing and scissor skill centers
- handouts for your children, to support the lessons and promote reading, writing, and engagement
About Cathy James
I’m passionate about children having the opportunity to learn through hands-on, creative activities. I want kids to delight in what they’re learning and enjoy their childhood.
I’m the author The Garden Classroom (published by Roost Books), Super Sensory Invitations to Play, and Art Spark. I’ve also worked in preschool, highschool, and as a childminder, where my provision was rated as ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED.
With over twenty years experience in education I want to share what I’ve learned with you, so you can feel inspired, confident, and supported to give your children the best start in life. Let’s work together to deliver lessons that are engaging, impactful, and fun!
The Super Fun, Not Scary Halloween Unit
50+ pages of lesson plans, activities and printables
Everything you need for a fun, not frightful Halloween
Available for instant download
This product is an ebook (electronic book), which means you will be sent a link by email which allows you to download the ebook and all the resources. You should save it to your computer or iPad and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
If you have any questions, then please refer to our FAQ.
All ebooks and other digital products listed on this page protected under copyright ©. All rights reserved. They may not be shared or distributed in any way or form.
All products listed on this page are priced in US dollars unless stated otherwise.
With the exception of the United Kingdom, the products listed on this page are not available for purchase in the EU.