Make a set of number ladybirds, add in some stickers and have some counting fun.
Magic Fun Math lessons!
Fun Math is an easy to teach, highly effective math curriculum based on play and hands-on learning.
All the lessons are designed to be fun and memorable, so children enjoy their lessons and feel confident.
The lessons are easy for teachers and parents to use, in class or at home.
These are the magic lessons where children really see, understand, and can apply math concepts. They are especially suited to children who don’t like math, lack confidence, don’t understand math the way they are currently being taught, or just want to play.
Taking a child’s passion and using it to practise a new skill works really well. I know a child who *loves* stickers – that simple process of peel and stick, peel and stick, gives them immense satisfaction! So I thought I’d use this in a different way to help us work on our counting too. Ladybirds with spots lend themselves to counting games really well, and sticker dots are inexpensive and easy to get hold of.
To start your ladybird counting, first make your ladybirds.
- Cut out some ladybird shapes from card.
- Write on them numbers one to ten.
- Let the children lose with the stickers – putting the right number of spots on each ladybird.
Here are some of the ideas we played:
- Can you find the ladybird with a number one?
- Can you add the right number of stickers to match the number?
- Which ladybird has got the most stickers?
- Can you line up the ladybirds from one to ten, or from ten to one.
- This ladybird has two spots – can you find a ladybird with one spot more?
- How old are you? Can you find a ladybird with the same number of spots?
Transform your teaching with Fun Math
The Fun Math series gives you a math curriculum that is easy to teach and highly effective.
Children love these lessons because they are engaging and fun.
You'll have a clear set of ready-made math lessons and activities that are simple to lead using our step-by-step lesson guides, and which children really understand.
Be the best math teacher and boost your children's confidence and skills with Fun Math.