Nature Explorers: Forest is the perfect way to add reading, writing, drawing and science to your forest adventures.
This interactive nature journal will get your children reading, writing, drawing and learning as they create a unique science book about their own forest.
The Nature Explorers: Forest learning journal is the ideal bridge between a classroom curriculum and the great outdoors. Your children will love learning the amazing animal facts, drawing, and playing with the animal cut-out models, while you will know the important early academics of reading fluency, comprehension, expanding vocabulary and writing skills are being developed alongside science, geography and art knowledge.
Nature Explorers: Forest is suitable for parents, teachers, and forest school leaders with children aged 5 to 10, to learn in a forest, school nature area, local park or your own backyard.
Want to build a reading, writing and science curriculum around nature, fresh air and your children’s love of animals?
This is the kit for you!
This is the perfect nature curriculum for children who have a special interest in animals, love drawing, being outdoors, and being active.
Every page of the Nature Explorers journal gives your children something interesting to read, draw, colour, write or make. You can use the whole book, in the given order or mix-and-match to suit you, alongside your time outdoors and know your children are developing their reading and writing fluency and their science knowledge, while still spending a childhood outdoors in the fresh air.
The journal uses a clear font for easy reading and black and white colours for easy printing. You can print as many copies as you need for your children – the whole book or individual pages – making it a resource you can use time and time again.
Your children are guided through the journal with question prompts and invitations to colour the beautiful, realistic animal illustrations which have been hand-drawn especially for Nature Explorers by artist Ruth Toner. Plenty of space is included in the journal for your children to add their own sketches, drawings, notes and writing, so they can create their own science book, based around their favourite animals and your local forest.
The Explorer Field Notes pages can be taken out with you as you go on a nature walk or spend time outdoors and are where your children can write notes and draw sketches of what they see. Back home they can research their findings and use the Forest Report pages to write up what they have learned, collecting these pages along with the rest of the journal’s resources to build their own science book.
The journal is also full of special animal feature pages, activity ideas, and art projects to try in the forest, plus quizzes and questions to consolidate their learning.
And your kids will love the two sets of animal cut-out models that are included: forest animals and bugs! They can colour them in, cut them out, and easily assemble them for play or to create model forest dioramas.
35+ nature journal pages, activities and printables
Your children can build their own science book as they read, draw, play and learn about:
What is a biome?
Where are the forest biomes?
Bugs that live near them
Building bug hotels
Great spotted woodpeckers
What is a tree?
What is a food chain?
Sit spots observations
Forest collage art
Eastern gray squirrels
Forest quizzes and questions
BONUS: printable journal pages, animal cards and animal cut-out models
Use the printable pages to build your own science book! Plus collect the first two sets of the Nature Explorers‘ Animal Cutouts models. Printables include:
- A range of animal feature pages to read, learn amazing facts, colour in, and add your own illustrations
- Explorer Field Notes pages to complete at home, in class or out in the forest to record your explorations
- Forest Report pages to write and draw reports to build your own science book
- Foraging guides including wild garlic, elderberry, blackberry, and hawthorn
- A set of forest animal cards to colour, collect and play with
- Owl, snail and tree templates for art projects
- Quiz and question pages to recap your knowledge, add your own questions to, and to test others!
- PLUS: collect the first two Nature Explorers Animal Cut-outs models: forest animals and bugs! Colour in, cut out and use your models for play, small worlds, and diorama displays.
You can buy just the Nature Explorers: Forest journal for $19.99 or get it half-price when you buy the Forest Bundle.
The Forest Bundle gives you both the Nature Explorers: Forest journal and our best-selling The Forest Classroom: a beginner’s guide to forest school for the combined price of
$39.99 $29.98 – you save $10!
Book One: The Forest Classroom
- a beginner’s guide to forest school
- 40+ lesson plans for activities you can combine to suit your needs
- 16 sets of printable lesson aides that make it so easy to run your sessions
- a forest school planner to get you easily organised and useful guides to help you structure your session
- for ages 4 – 10
Book Two: Nature Explorers: Forest
- add reading, writing, drawing and science study to your forest time
- 35+ printable pages guide your children to create their own science book
- learn about biomes, forests, trees, animals, plants, food chains, and more
- PLUS: two sets of Animal Cut-Outs models – forest animals and bugs!
- for ages 5 – 10
Get the BEST VALUE Forest Bundle now : half price offer!
Click here to get Nature Explorers: Forest for half price when you buy the Forest Bundle. You’ll get both the Nature Explorers: Forest journal and our best-selling The Forest Classroom: a beginner’s guide to forest school for the combined price of
$39.99 $29.98 – you save $10!
Available for instant download
This product is an ebook (electronic book), which means you will be sent a link by email which allows you to download the ebook and all the resources. You should save the ebook file to your computer or iPad and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
If you have any questions, then please refer to our FAQ.
All ebooks and other digital products listed on this page are protected under copyright ©. All rights reserved. They may not be shared or distributed in any way or form.
All products listed on this page are priced in US dollars. If you are outside the USA, the amount appearing on your bank/credit card statement will be in your local currency based on the exchange rate applicable at the time of the payment.