The end of term is approaching – have you got your teacher’s Christmas gift ready? If not, don’t panic! We have just produced a batch of handmade Gourmet Chocolates in about 15 minutes flat. They’re so easy my 3 year old has managed them with a little help. We made milk chocolate with hazelnut and dark chocolate with cherries. We’re going to package them in these lovely pillow boxes which was saw on thelongthread.
Here’s how to make the chocolates:
You will need :
a chocolate mould – I have previously used ice-cube trays which work fine but have just splashed out on a proper chocolate mould as we’ll be making lots of these from now on.
some bars of good quality dark and milk chocolate
some hazelnuts (Nut Allergy Note: if you have any concerns about using nuts with young children you can omit the hazelnuts)
some natural coloured glace cherries
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. Place half a cherry or a whole hazelnut into each hole in the mould. We put in some hazelnuts whole and used chopped nuts in others.
3. Break the bars of milk chocolate into pieces and put in a glass bowl. Break the dark chocolate into a separate bowl.
4. Bring a little water to the boil in a saucepan and sit the glass bowl on top to melt the chocolate.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into a jug so you can pour it easily into the mould.
6. Fill up each hole in the mould and the pop in the fridge to set.
How easy, how yummy. Go to the top of the class!
happily shared with Violet Posy’s Thrifty Christmas