World Book Day is this Thursday 3rd March and it’s a fantastic opportunity to celebrate your favourite books and bring them to life with some fun activities. We love books at NurtureStore and I think one of the great pleasures as a parent is sharing cosy story times with your children.
Need some World Book Day ideas? You could…
- dress up as your favourite story character (that means you as well as the children!)
- have a bedtime story party with everyone wearing pyjamas and sharing their favourite bedtime read
- turn a great big cardboard box into a story tent and let the children climb inside and draw their own stories all over the walls and ceiling
- bring a book to life by making puppets to act out the story. We had fun with our The Tiger Who Came To Tea puppets
- turn your play space into one of your favourite stories. We’ve been indoor camping just like Alfie in the Big Alfie Out of Doors Storybook. You could help the children find the props they need to re-enact a story or paint a huge picture to be the backdrop of your play-scene. How exciting to pretend to be a different character for the day and enter their world!
- eat a book themed lunch. Could you find all the things The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats?
World Book Day supports two charities with its fundraising: Book Aid International which helps bring books, literacy and education to sub-Saharan Africa and the Occupied Territories of Palestine and Readathon, a UK charity which promotes a love of reading and raises money for seriously ill children.
You can find more details of the charities as well as book themed games and more at the World Book Day website.
More world book day crafts and the best children’s books ever.